Do you want to do your own research? Know how much other homes are selling for in a potential neighborhood? Do you want to go beyond Zestimates? I know, I would and I would look up “solds” everyday. This search is set up for Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Hampton, Newport News, and beyond.
If you know the address of the house, follow these steps:
- Starting in the “Search” tab, put in the address. Print this listing so you have the details of the home.
- Once the listing comes up, look in the left panel.
- Scroll down until you see details.
- Under details, you will see “tract.” That is the neighborhood
- Go back to search, put in the neighborhood.
Once you find the neighborhood, you want to make sure the homes are really “comparable.” We’ve made a handy dandy checklist for you:
- Is the home you are interested in attached (condo/townhouse) or detached (single family home)?
- Are close in square footage (+/-200sf)
- Do they have the same amount of bedrooms/bath?
- Are they in the same condition? Rehabbed, Maintained, or Fixer-upper?
- Are the lot sizes the same?
- Parking? One or two car garage? Or parking spaces?