Relocating? In the Military? Looking for a Realtor?
We help a lot of people in the Armed Forces and sometimes buyers from overseas will contact us with a set questions. These questions must be standard within the military as we are getting them more and more. The most recent request is from a couple looking to move here around December.
So, here are our answers.
Hopefully it will help you finding an agent easier in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Suffolk.
1. Do you work full time as a real estate agent? Yes. My mom and I are partners and we both work full time.
2. How long have you been in real estate? Together have been in 33 years.
3. Do you have additional certifications beyond your general real estate license? Which ones?
ABR, Accredited Buyer Representative
With over 40,000 members, REBAC is the largest association of real estate professionals focusing on all aspects of buyer representation.
Over 30,000 ABR® designees have completed the REBAC course, passed the test and provided documentation of buyer agency experience.
CRS®, Certified Residential Specialist®
Agents can maximize their potential by earning the CRS® Designation and joining the organization that has served top producing residential sales agents since 1977. The more than35,000 CRS® Designees benefit from nationwide referral opportunities, a professional image that attracts customers, and sales and marketing support. The CRS® Designation is awarded to experienced REALTORS® who complete advanced training in listing and selling, and meet rigorous production requirements.
GRI, Graduate REALTOR Institute
Members involved in residential real estate who want a solid base of information for their practice will want to participate in the REALTOR® Institute program and earn the GRI designation.
4. Will you ever represent me as a dual agent?
This is not something we do. We feel like we cannot represent both the buyer and the seller. It just does not work. However, if you purchase a home listed by William E. Wood & Associates, yes it is technically considered Dual Designated. It is considered dual designated because the agents are under one company. But, you would be represented by us and the listing agent represents the seller. If you happen to want to buy one of our listings, then we would hire someone to represent you during negotiations.
5. How many real estate transactions have you been a part of in the last year? We have had 23 transactions in the past year. There are over 500 agents in William E. Wood and Associates. We are in the top 50. We also are one of the few that made the company trip last year. The deadline to make the trip this year is Dec 31. We should have it in about a month.
6. In how many of those transactions have you represented they buyer?
We represented 14 buyers out of the 23 transactions. The majority of our buyers were first time homebuyers.
7. What was the price range of the homes you helped clients buy in the past year? 150k-550k.
8. Do you specialize in a certain type of property? Residential
9. Do you specialize in a certain area? All of Hampton Roads. Most of our sales are in Chesapeake and Virginia Beach, though.
10. Do you partner with other agents or use assistants? Yes, my mom and I are partners.
11. How will I reach you? You can reach us by phone, email, text. 757-724-1064, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have vacation planned or are there regular times that you are unavailable? We have a wedding to attend the weekend of October 6th. Buying real estate comes with a lot of questions. We pride ourselves in responding quickly to all your needs and with technology, so feel free to reach out anytime. We carry our phone with us always and have all the latest and greatest toys to better serve you.
12. Can you provide 3 references from recent clients who purchased first homes with you?
We have video testimonials on our website from first time homebuyers. Also, we just got done working with a family who had the same questions as you. I was contacted by John who was serving in Afghanistan when he reached out. They had not owned a home in 20 years and ending up building in Chesapeake. Here is their testimonial:
13. Have you been involved in mediation or have you been sued? Why and what was the outcome? Do you have E&O insurance? No, we have not been involved in mediation or been sued. Yes, we have E&O.
14. Are you available in the month of October to commit to spending 5-6 days showing me homes in the areas of Virginia Beach/Chesapeake? Yes. It is our policy to dedicate our time fully to our out of town buyers. We understand your time is limited and this is one of the most important decisions of your lives.
So, when you are ready, reach out!
757-724-1064 or email@example.com
Related Must Reads
School and Neighborhood info:
Virginia Beaches High Schools & current their neighborhoods.